Recommended book categories
Andreas F. Molisch received the Dipl. Ing., Ph.D., and habilitation degrees from the Technical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria, in 1990, 1994, and 1999, respectively. He subsequently was with AT&T (Bell) Laboratories Research (USA); Lund University, Lund, Sweden, and Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs (USA). He is now a Professor and Solomon-Golomb – Andrew-and-Erna-Viterbi Chair at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
His current research interests are the measurement and modeling of mobile radio channels, multi-antenna systems, ultra-wideband communications and localization, novel modulation and multiple access systems, and wireless video distribution. He has authored, coauthored, or edited four books (among them the textbook Wireless Communications, Wiley-IEEE Press), 19 book chapters, more than 200 journal papers, some 300 conference papers, as well as more than 80 patents and 70 standards contributions.
Dr. Molisch has been an Editor of a number of journals and special issues, General Chair, Tecnical Program Committee Chair, or Symposium Chair of multiple international conferences, as well as Chairman of various international standardization groups.
Here is a list of some of his awards:
- 2017 IET Achievement Medal
- 2015 Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors
- 2013 Puskas Tivadar Award of the Hungarian Scientific Association for Infocomm (HTE)
- 2013 Fellow of the AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- 2012 Eric Sumner Award of the IEEE
- 2011 Member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- 2011 Donald G. Fink Award of the IEEE
- 2010 James Evans Avant-Garde Award of IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- 2009 Wireless Educator of the Year award from Global Wireless Education Consortium (GWEC)
- 2008 Fellow of the IET (formerly IEE)
- 2006 Neal Shepherd Memorial Award of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- 2005 Fellow of the IEEE
Please spread the word by sharing on social media: