Used books in courses he has taught
Dieter Fox is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington. He grew up in Bonn, Germany, and received his Ph.D. in 1998 from the Computer Science Department at the University of Bonn. He joined the University of Washington faculty in the fall of 2000.
Professor Fox currently shares his time between the University of Washington and Nvidia, where he is leading the Robotics Research Lab in Seattle.
His research interests are in robotics, artificial intelligence, and state estimation. He is the head of the the University of Washington Robotics and State Estimation Lab RSE-Lab and recently served as the academic PI of the Intel Science and Technology Center for Pervasive Computing ISTC-PC. Professor Fox is a Fellow of the AAAI and IEEE, recipient of the IEEE RAS Pioneer Award, and served as an editor of the IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
Activities and Recognition
- Pioneer in Robotics and Automation Award, IEEE 2020
- Fellow of ACM, IEEE, AAAI
- Editor of IEEE Transactions on Robotics (T-RO), 2010-2015
- Program Chair: Robotics Science and Systems (RSS), 2013
- Program Chair: AAAI Conference, 2008
- RSS Foundation Board member
- JAIR Advisory Board member
- Best Paper: CVPR-15, ISWC-05, AAAI-04, ICRA-00, DAGM-99, AAAI-98, IROS-98
- AAAI Classic Paper Award, 2016, 2017
- Ubicomp 10-Year Impact Award, 2013
- AIJ Prominent Paper Award, 2012
- Best Cognitive Robotics Paper ICRA 2014; Best Vision Paper ICRA 2011, 2017; Best Student Paper IROS 2007
- ECCAI Artificial Intelligence Dissertation Award, 2000
Please spread the word by sharing on social media: